The Northeast Minneapolis Arts District is looking for active, colorful, beautiful and/or funny images from Northeast or by artists based in Northeast that bring cheer and a feeling of togetherness, community, even healing. Images can be, but do not need to be, tied to recognizable individual neighborhood landmarks. Jurors will look for variety in areas, seasons and perspectives.
The merger of the Arts District with Northeast CDC underscores our commitment to artists of Northeast with $3,000 total in compensation, and a deadline of September 12, 2021, 11:59 p.m. to be considered for the 2022 Northeast Calendar. For more than a decade, Northeast CDC produced the calendar independently. Informally partnering between the two organizations on the calendar, in part, led to our December 30, 2020 merger.
Images will be chosen for the months, each receiving $200, and one as the cover, $400. Artists receive up to 25 copies of the calendar if desired. Selection will be juried independent from the Arts District board. The 2022 Northeast Calendar will be designed by graphic artist Leann Johnson.
Calendars will be distributed through the advertisers and artists in early December, free to the public. They make great housewarming or host/hostess gifts. For sponsor/ad info, contact Dawn Williams 612-363-5990.
Call for Art updates at northeastminneapolisartsdistrict.org or Facebook/Northeast Minneapolis Arts District.
To submit images for consideration:
E-mail your images to Leann Johnson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no entry fee to participate!
- Participants may enter up to 5 images (max).
- Winning submissions from past years are not eligible for re-submission.
- Any art medium is acceptable, but must be submitted as a print-ready emailed image (see below).
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
September 12, 2021, 11:59 p.m.
[Received emails will be acknowledged, and any that don’t meet specs will be returned.]
SUBMITTING YOUR IMAGES — Please INCLUDE:
- “Calendar” in the subject line
- Your name as it will appear in the calendar
- Title of the piece on the file label(s)
- Image files MUST be 2500 X 3300 pixels or larger. Strong preference for horizontal format or work that can be cropped to horizontal format.
- Accepted file formats: .jpg (preferred), .tiff
- A short background statement/story about the image and where it is in Northeast or how the artist is connected with Northeast, which can accompany it if printed. For example: “Sunset viewed from the courtyard through the Crown Center sign produces this apparently backward image.”
- Include permission note from the subject/s if photo is of individual person/people.
- Please note if you would like your image considered for the cover.
- Cover images usually include continuous-tone or expendable areas where the title can appear tastefully, or are images in vertical formats that lend to the title appearing beside the image.
- If files exceed 25MB total per email, you will need to submit more than one email.
OWNERSHIP OF IMAGES:
The artists retain rights to their images for future use and sale. Northeast CDC /dba/Northeast Minneapolis Arts District receives one-time publication rights to use images in the calendar and associated materials, websites and social media used to promote the calendar and the Northeast Minneapolis Arts District. The artists will be credited wherever the work appears, as feasible.
By Margo Ashmore